This year's Christmas dress challenge is creating a support layer to keep everything in place. It will be a fairly simple dress from the outside, but with a whole load of experimenting and engineering underneath to give the girls some extra support. If you're interested in finding out how I'm doing this read on.
Recently I made the Bebekins Polly Pinafore and decided to use an exposed zipper, rather than a button closure. A few people have been asking how I did it - so here's how.
Whilst sewing samples or practising sewing techniques could be thought of as boring I have come to the realisation that there are huge benefits to be had. As a very visual and kinaesthetic learner I am surprised at myself that I hadn't realised this before now, but there you go, I'm there now!