Dylon - Permanent Fabric Dye
Add vibrancy and colour to your projects, or refresh a faded garment with Dylon Permanent Fabric Dye!
Each pack includes 50g of permanent fabric dye in a spill-free plastic envelope. One pack dyes up to 250g fabric (e.g. a large shirt) to full shade, or larger amounts of fabric to lighter shades. Please note that colour mixing rules apply, for example, blue dye on a red fabric will result in purple. Patterns on the fabric may also still be visible after dyeing. Stains, faded areas or bleach marks may not always covered by the dye.
Suitable fabrics for dying include cotton, linen, viscose rayon, and ramie. Wool, silk, polyester/cotton and polyester/viscose blends will dye to a lighter shade.
Pure polyester, acrylic, nylon, and fabrics with special finishes are not suitable to dye.
Directions for use:
- Weigh dry fabric. Wash fabric thoroughly, and leave damp.
- Wearing rubber gloves, dissolve dye in 500ml warm water, stirring thorougly.
- Fill a bowl or stainless steel sink with approximately 6 litres of warm water (40°C).
- Stir in 5 tbsp (250g) salt. Add dye and stir well.
- Submerge fabric in dye.
- Stir for 15 minutes, then regularly for 45 minutes.
- Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water. Dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Fabric dye may cause serious eye or skin irritation. It may also cause breathing difficulties or asthma response if inhaled. Please wear protective gloves and eye/face production during use. Avoid breathing in dye dust. Keep out of reach of children.