Read on for a few tips for sewing pleats and getting a professional finish.
Tip 1: Use thin card under the pleat to avoid pressing in ridges.
1. Mark your pleats
2. Hem - I've used a blind hem stitch in a contrasting thread so that you can see the stitching, but a matching thread would look better!
3. Here is the view from the front. You will want to give it a good press from the front and the back.
Tip 2: Use thin card under the pleat to avoid pressing in ridges.
1. Carefully pin your pleats in place using the markings on the fabric.
2. Baste the pleats in place using a long stitch.
3. Press your pleats in place. Steam can be useful here. Remember to place the card between pleats to stop ridges forming.