Closet Core - Fiore
Part of Closet Core's Rome Collection, the Fiore Skirt is a chic, high-waisted A-line skirt with just the right amount of flare and volume. A beginner-friendly pattern with multiple variations, this elevated basic has tons of outfit potential.
Available in above or below the knee lengths, the Fiore Skirt has three views. View A is a simple flared skirt with an invisible zipper at the back. View B is an asymmetrical wrap skirt with a single hip pocket. View C buttons up the front with curved patch pockets.
Sewing level: beginner.
Sizing Information: sizes 0-20, see Closet Core's sizing guide here.
All views can be made with crisp wovens such as linen, chambray, denim, twill, poplin, lightweight canvas, and structured cottons. Please note: Views A and B can also be made with drapier fabrics like rayon challis, tencel, or silk, but the patch pocket for View C should not be sewn with fluid fabrics.
- Fabric (see yardage chart)
- Lightweight non-stretch fusible interfacing (1.25 yd / 1.1m)
- For view A = 7” (18cm) invisible zipper
- For view B = 2 x buttons - 1/2” - 3/4” (13-19mm)
- For view B = scrap of 1/4” (6mm) twill tape or ribbon for loop closure (optional)
- For view C = 6-8 buttons - 1/2” (13mm)
- For views B & C: Fray Stop & buttonhole chisel or seam ripper to open buttonholes
- Polyester thread
- Marking tool