Charm Patterns By Gertie - Rita Blouse
This perfectly vintage peasant blouse makes me think of Hollywood starlet Rita Moreno, so I named the design for her. Pair it with a circle skirt or pedal pushers for that 1950s starlet look! It has a flattering elasticized neckline that can be worn on or off the shoulder, a choice of elasticized or flutter cap sleeves, a fitted midriff with princess seams, and an invisible side zipper for a smooth finish.
Lightweight fabrics like rayon challis, cotton lawn, batiste, poplin, and sateen work well for this blouse. If you’re feeling up for a more challenging fabric, try it in a lightweight silk like crepe de chine.
- Fabric (see yardage chart)
- 2 yards of 1/4-inch-wide (6 mm) braided elastic
- 12-inch (30-cm) invisible zipper
- Thread to match your fabric
- About 1/4 yard fusible interfacing or roll of 1 2-inch-wide (30 cm) fusible stay tape to stabilize zipper opening
- 3 small safety pins for threading elastic through casings