YOUR NEW FAVOURITE TOP!
Sew your own jersey tops on a regular sewing machine - no overlocker or serger needed! Agnes is a close-fitting top finished with a narrow neckband. Irresistibly wearable and endlessly versatile, make it with long or cropped sleeves, plain or ruched at the shoulder, and scoop neckline or ruched sweetheart neckline. Agnes is a wardrobe staple you'll make again and again!
Agnes includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
"I’m addicted to this gorgeous pattern. The fit is perfect and the instructions are very helpful if you’ve never tried sewing with jersey." - Dee
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour guide with step-by-step photo instructions.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check that the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width.
- Fabric – 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 147cm (58in) wide for all sizes
OR 1.5m (1 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 1-5
OR 2.3m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for sizes 6-8
- Matching thread
- 25cm (10in) x 6-8mm wide clear elastic, ribbon or stay tape to stabilise the shoulders
- Optional: 0.5m (20in) x 5mm wide woven or braided elastic for the ruched sleeves and neckline
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)