- Tissue Version
- Make 81 skirts with one pattern!
- Sizes US 2-20
- Includes a 48-page fully illustrated booklet with design ideas, fitting advice, and multiple finishing options
Meet the Stanwyck Skirt! Named for the fabulous Barbara Stanwyck, this pattern can take you from wholesome girl on the farm to ’40s femme fatale. Make it a full gored circle skirt or a snug pencil skirt that shows off your curves. Gertie made sure to include unique and functional pockets for all variations, as well as options for bibs, ruffles and suspender straps. It’s perfect for beginners (keep it simple with a circle skirt made in felt) but will satisfy advanced sewists as well (make a couture level pencil skirt with a full lining). In either case you will be addicted to making Stanwyck skirts for all occasions!
|Waist||24 in||26 in||28 in||30 in||32 in||34 in||36 in||38 in||40 in||42 in|
|61 cm||66 cm||71.1 cm||76.2 cm||81.3 cm||86.4 cm||91.4 cm||96.5 cm||101.6 cm||106.7 cm|
|Hips||36 in||38 in||40 in||42 in||44 in||46 in||48 in||50 in||52 in||54 in|
|91.4 cm||96.5 cm||101.6 cm||106.7 cm||111.8 cm||116.8 cm||121.9 cm||127 cm||132 cm||137.1 cm|
Main Fabric: bottom-weight wovens: cottons like canvas, twill, denim, corduroy, and sateen; linen and linen blends; wool suitings, flannel, and tweed; brocade; silk/wool blends; felt (for the circle skirt only).
Lining: light- to medium-weight lining fabrics.
- Skirt fabric (see yardage chart in pattern)
- Lining fabric, optional (see yardage chart in pattern)
- Interfacing (see yardage chart in pattern)
- Thread to match fabric
- 7 inch zipper
- 1/4 yard (0.2 m) fusible interfacing or roll of 1 1/4-inch-wide (3 cm) fusible stay tape to stabilise zipper opening
- Hook and bar closure
- Two 1 1/4 inch decorative buttons for shaped pocket pencil skirt (optional)